Full membership (including Library and Zoom talks and outdoor events) - £20 per 10-Talk Session, starting in October and January, and held on Thursday mornings via Zoom invitation.
For an individual Library talk, it's £3.
Contact the Membership Secretary on info@ +web address or 01271 344071
The talks series is at the heart of Coastwise so you are encouraged to take out full membership for at least one session if you possibly can, by which time we hope you will be hooked.
Full membership (for Online Talks) - £20 per 10-Talk Session, starting in October and January, and held on Thursday mornings via Zoom invitation.
Please sign up using the online form link above and make payment of £20 by bank transfer (bank account details on form). If this if not possible, please contact the Membership Secretary (details below) for alternative joining and payment methods.
Associate membership - £5 a year, includes participation in all other events, and mailings, with eligibility to attend talks at £5 per session.
If you would like to join us for a single talk this term, please complete the online form (link) and pay the fee of £5 (bank account details on form). As an alternative to the above Membership Secretary address, please then email Liesje (liesje_vn (followed by) @yahoo.com) to say which talk you would like to join and we will send you the appropriate meeting link.
Coastwise is a self-funding not-for-profit organisation and our activities are funded from subscriptions.
What you get:
- The chance to join with fellow enthusiasts drawn from organisations and the community in championing the coast
- A course which is a mix of guest presentations, talks from experts within the group and informal collaborative sessions, coast visits and projects, old favourites and new ventures, as requested by members evaluating previous sessions. Link to course
- A summer programme of field trips to the coast, trips to the beach for Shore Safaris, wildlife monitoring and beach cleaning.
- Coastwise projects – such as our shore profiles and microscope workshops
- Collaboration with other organizations, such as with Devon Wildlife Trust
- Regular communications via website and email, including a newsletter, and notice of our events and information about other local activities of interest.
The chance to influence what we do – Coastwise does what its members want – and they decide how involved they want to get